Helen and her husband were in the process of divorcing. They came to us for help in dividing their finance and, additionally, Helen wanted to stop working. We established how the pension fund she received during the divorce could help her fund her desired retirement lifestyle.
Solicitors specialising in divorce | Jargon-free professional guidance | BlueSKY
The financial aspects of divorce can be complex; straying into areas of financial advice is something most lawyers and mediators try to steer clear of.
Clear professional guidance, that both you and your clients can understand, is therefore vital; especially if your client’s assets are significant or of a complex nature. Seeking the help of financial professionals means that creative solutions can be achieved, whatever your client’s situation.
We have over 20 years’ experience in helping solicitors, barristers and judges, as well as our clients, understand how pensions and other assets should be shared in the case of divorce.
What our clients say about us
To assist in the divorce process, our team can provide:
Pension sharing reports, combined with case discussions and ideas
Help with the implementation of pension sharing orders
Access to a Resolution-qualified Chartered Financial Planner
Client meetings/round table meetings
Financial planning considerations
When our advice is requested in respect of the impact on pensions of divorce, our process is as follows:
- We will analyse the pension and financial information given to us.
- We will request your authority to contact third parties to obtain the additional information we need to complete our reports.
- Once we have all the information we require, we will perform the calculations necessary to establish answers to the questions posed.
- We will then provide an expert’s report, detailing the answers and rationale used. This report will include any comments that we feel are relevant and beneficial to the matter in hand. Our report will comply with Part 25 Family Procedure Rules 2010 and Practice Direction 25A.
- We will make ourselves available for further conversations; by telephone, email or a face-to-face meeting to discuss the report and our advice.
Our team of Financial Planners provide specialist professional guidance in a way that is jargon-free. Working together, we can achieve the best possible outcomes for both your team and your clients.